Due to the growing concern of COVID-19, the decision has been made for the New Milford Senior Center to suspend all programs and activities starting Monday, March 16th until further notice with exception of assistance from our Senior Service Advisors, Meals on Wheels, and Transportation in a limited capacity.
For questions or more information, please call the New Milford Senior Center at 860-355-6075 as staff will be available for remote assistance.
Check out our Newsletter:
"DISCOVER - New Milford Senior Center"
*NEW* April 2020 March 2020
The Commission on Aging was established in 1973 to study the local needs of the aged and to create, coordinate and foster programs to promote the health, education, welfare and well-being of the elderly of the town of New Milford.
New Milford Senior Center Staff
Health and Wellness Partners
- Carolyn M. Haglund, Director
- Jasmin Marie J. Ducusin-Jara, Program Coordinator/Asst. Director
- Leonardo S. Ghio, Senior Advisor/Municipal Agent for the Elderly
- Mira LeVasseur, Senior Advisor/Municipal Agent for the Elderly
- Kim Fitch, Office Coordinator
- Tom Williams, Bus Driver
- Erin M. Baldwick, Bus Driver
- Thea Gruber, Clerical 13b Transportation
- Rufus de Rham, Chore Services Coordinator
- Sue Desgro, Per Diem Bus Driver
- Carolyn DeRocco, Alzheimer’s Association, CT Chapter: Vice President of Programs and Education
- Tina Hogan, Alzheimer’s Association, CT Chapter: Northwestern Regional Coordinator
- New Milford Health Dept. Comm. Health Nurse
- Community Culinary School of Northwestern Connecticut
New Milford Elderly Nutrition Program - Senior Community Café with the Community Culinary School of Northwestern CT
- Jason Streck-Weller, Chef On-Site, Community Culinary School of Northwestern CT
- Flora Quammie, Lunch Volunteer, Community Culinary School of Northwestern CT
40 Main Street
Richmond Citizen Center
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6075
Fax: (860) 354-2843
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Program Coordinator/Assistant Director:
Senior Advisor/Municipal Agent
Programs and Activities
Community Café and Meals on Wheels
Community Computer Learning Center
New Milford Commission on Aging
New Milford Senior Citizen Advisory Board, Inc.
WHEELS Program of Greater New Milford
Rights Under Title VI