Department of Health
Director of Health: Michael Crespan, M.P.H., R.S.
The mission of the New Milford Health Department is to maintain a healthy environment and promote community health for the citizens of the Town of New Milford. We are working to meet this goal by providing a wide range of programs and services including enforcement of the Connecticut Public Health Code and local ordinances. Some of the services we provide include the following:
- Organizing emergency response with other town agencies and volunteers.
- Reviewing and approving septic systems and well installation and repairs.
- Reviewing and approving renovations and additions that may impact the septic system and/or well.
- Inspection of food service establishments.
- Educating the public about health concerns and providing health clinics and screenings.
- Sponsoring the annual Household Hazardous Waste Day.
- Testing of possible rabid animals.
- Testing of ticks for Lyme Disease.
- Addressing any health complaints from residents.
NEWS YOU CAN USE:
Letter from Director of Health Regarding Ticks and Lyme Disease
Asthma Information (click here for English) (click here for Spanish)
Traveling and need Immunizations? (click on link for info)
NEW: CT Adopts FDA Code (click on link for more info)
Nail, Massage and Beauty Salon Warning
PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT
Coronavirus Facts: (Click on links below)
What You Need to Know
Additional current and reliable information about COVID-19 may be found at the following websites:
Household Hazardous Waste Day - October 3, 2020 - John Pettibone Community Center from 9am-3pm
For more information: (click here)
For items allowed to bring: (click here)