Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, LPC; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
Community Events: SANTA FUND LOOKING FOR SPONSORS! If you are looking to sponsor a child for our holiday gift program, please email Amanda @ email@example.com.
STUFF-A-CRUISER will be held on December 3rd at the KOHL's plaza. Purchase a toy or gift card to help our Santa Fund program!
Happenings at Social Services
1. We will be taking registration for our Holiday Programs from October 1, 2016 through November 10, 2016. Registration for our programs are for local families who have documented their income and residency for this calendar year, 2016. Forms can be printed from this website or picked up at our office. For specific details of our programs, please refer to our October newsletter.
2. "When You're A Parent...Again" : A support group for grandparents and other relatives raising children; meets monthly (childcare and dinner are included). Usually meeting every 2nd Monday of the month. Please refer to our newsletter or call our office for specific dates and times.
3. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long during our office hours. Please refer to the Food Bank link for specific items and our "Paper Bag Challenge". We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]