Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW, Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW , Social Worker
- Monika Roberts, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Newsworthy: We would like to thank the Feinstein Foundation for their generous donation given to us in response to our community's wonderful effort in the $1 Million Giveaway to Fight Hunger! And, a special thank you to all of our residents, groups, congregations, and schools who participated in this national anti hunger event!
1. Check out how local backyard gardeners can help the New Milford Food Bank! [Food Bank]
2. Registration for the Back to School Program is here! *NOW registering for the wait list for Back to School Program*
Sponsored by the United Way of Western CT, this popular program provides children entering Kindergarten through 12th grade with two new sets of clothes, a coat, sneakers, undergarments and a backpack full of school supplies.
Our office handles registration for most New Milford families who provide proof of residency (mortgage statement, rent lease, or electric utility bill) and the previous month's household income (wages, alimony, child support, SSDI/SSI, State assistance, unemployment, etc.). If you have provided proof of income for any 2014 programs you may sign up without requiring any updated income documents.
Registration can be done in person at our office or you can also print the following form: Back to School Registration Form.
Teenagers with regular part-time or summer jobs are not eligible unless approved by one of our social workers. Pre-school and college age children are not eligible for this program.