Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Director
- Sarah Geary, MSW; Social Worker
- Maria De Oliveira, MSW; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Office Coordinator
To donate to Social Services' Emergency Funds, please click here.
COVID-19 RESPONSE TO BASIC NEEDS:
PLEASE CLICK "HERE" For a list of resources to connect with help of basic needs such as Food, Financial Assistance, Senior Assistance.
New Milford Social Services assists residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
What's Happening at NM Social Services!
*Important Message*: Due to the concerns of COVID-19 we will be limiting in-person office visits until further notice. Staff will be available by phone and email to discuss needs and resources. In-person appointments will follow Town policy and be set from 9am-12pm. New Milford residents can contact our office by phone or email. Our staff will continue to do our best to address your concerns and connect you to the most appropriate local, regional, and State resources. Thank you for your patience during this health crisis and trying time for our community.
* Changes to the New Milford Food Bank Distribution*:
The New Milford Food Bank is modifying distribution and will be following these changes until further notice.
- The New Milford Food Bank will be distributing pre-made bags of food on Thursdays from 9am-2pm as of March 26th for registered food bank participants.
- Distribution will be OUTSIDE. Registered participants will drive to the large parking area, by Parks & Rec side of the John Pettibone Community Center and follow the instructions of CERT and Food Bank volunteers and NMSS staff. This is a drive-up format for pre-packaged bags of food.
- If you are a current food bank participant and are sick or your household is in quarantine, please do not come by. Please contact our office to make other arrangements.
- If are a Senior participant and cannot make it to the food bank, please contact the Senior Center at 860-355-6075.
- If you are a disabled participant and unable to come in, please contact our office at 860-355-6079.
- If you are NEW to the Food Bank and experiencing food insecurity due to life-changing circumstances arising from this health-crisis, please contact us before coming to the food bank. We welcome you at the food bank but please understand we need to speak with you first. We can be reached at 860-355-6079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The New Milford Food Bank is for food insecure residents of the Town of New Milford*
These temporary changes to our distribution is an earnest effort to meet the needs of our food-insecure residents while minimizing health risks to all participants, volunteers, and staff. We hope to resume our regular procedures as soon as it is safely possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2 Pickett District Road
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (limited office hours on Fridays after 2:30pm)
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]
<ACTION ALERT>> “TO LISTEN, TO ADVOCATE, TO EMPOWER”
- Part of our mission is to encourage people to get informed, read, and learn about changes in policies that may affect one’s life, the life of their family or that of their neighbors and community.
If you know someone who has been helped by any health and human services programs and are worried about cuts or changes to programs, help them speak out. Make a call to your US Representative and Senator. Tell them their story- and yours!
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
State Senator Craig Miner 860-240-8800
State Representative Bill Buckbee 800-842-1423
White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
US Representative Jahanna Hayes 202-225-4476
US Senator Chris Murphy 202-224-4041
US Senator Richard Blumenthal 202-224-2823
(you will speak to one their aides, and they will get your message to our representative)