Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW, Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW , Social Worker
- Jessie Dillon, MSW, Social Worker
- Monika Roberts, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Newsworthy: We would like to thank the Feinstein Foundation for their generous donation given to us in response to our community's wonderful effort in the $1 Million Giveaway to Fight Hunger! And, a special thank you to all of our residents, groups, congregations, and schools who participated in this national anti hunger event!
September is National Hunger Action Month! We will be participating with the CT Food Bank to bring awareness to our community about hunger in CT. Please stay tuned for more information and events.
1. "Walk a Mile for a Meal" is upon us! Please see the flyer below to find out how you can be a part of this most important and fun food raising event!
ATTENTION :) Calling all youth groups, sport teams, boy & girl scouts, congregations & families...!!! Click here to see how you can register to help the New Milford Food Bank: Walk a Mile for a Meal
2. Check out how local backyard gardeners can help the New Milford Food Bank! [Food Bank]
3. The Back to School Program is done. Thank you to all the sponsors for your support of our community's students! We wish all New Milford students good luck towards a successful school year!
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]