Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Happening at Social Services
1. Back to School Clothes for Kids: This program is now closed. We want to thank the United Way of Western CT for all their efforts to help our New Milford children get ready for a brand new year of school! Good luck to all the students on their first day on August 24th!
2. We will begin taking applications for the 2015-2016 CT Energy Assistance Program after September 8, 2015. First priority will be for households heating with fuel (oil, propane, kerosene, wood). First possible delivery is November 10th. You may now call to make an appointment. Please visit the Energy Assistance link for further information and documents needed.
3. Applications for Renter's Rebate for SSA disabled individuals under the age of 60 are now being taken at our office. Please call to make an appointment. This program ends October 1st. Please refer to our newsletter for further details on income limits and required income and expense documentation needed to complete the application .
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all summer long during our office hours. Please refer to the food bank link for specific items. We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]