Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, LPC; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
1. "Thanksgiving in July" On Saturday, July 9th the Paradice Classic Cruisers will hold their 8th annual car-motorcycle-truck show and all the proceeds will benefit the New Milford Food Bank. Check out their flyer and their website for more information!
Happenings at Social Services
1. Family First! Revisited has opened for registration. Weekend will be Friday, September 30th- Sunday, October 2, 2016. Please visit Family First! link for details.
2. The United Way's Back to School Campaign (K-12th grade) is closed. If you missed registering, please call our office.
3. "When You're A Parent...Again" : A support group for grandparents and other relatives raising children; meets monthly (childcare and dinner are included). Please refer to our newsletter or call our office for specific dates and times.
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long during our office hours. Please refer to the Food Bank link for specific items and our "Paper Bag Challenge". We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]