Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
Happening at Social Services:
1. Tax Time! There are several VITA(volunteer income tax assistance) sites to file taxes for FREE for income qualified households. Three sites in Danbury offer day and evening appointments: CAAWC at 203-744-4700; WCSU at 203-797-4500; and Danbury VITA at 203-826-9517. The New Milford Senior Center has limited appointments for households under the age of 60.
2. We are continuing to take applications for the 2015-2016 CT Energy Assistance Program for all heating sources (deliverable fuel and electric). Please call to make an appointment. Visit the Energy Assistance link for further information and documents needed.
3. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long during our office hours. Please refer to the food bank link for specific items. We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]