Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
Donations of winter coats can be brought to the Thrift Mart. New Milford Social Service clients can receive a voucher for one winter coat per family member. Please see Winter Coat Program.
Cold Homes, Warm Hearts Annual Walk for New Milford Community Fuel Bank took place on Sunday, January 11, 2015. The walk was a wonderful success! We would like to thank all the walkers and their pledgers, as well as all of the business and community sponsors. From the bottom of our warm hearts we thank you most graciously!
- Happening at Social Services!
1. We are currently taking applications for the CT Energy Assistance Program, the State program to assist with the seasonal cost of heating one's home. Electric heated households and those with deliverable fuel should call the office for an appointment. The last day to apply if you heat your home with a deliverable fuel is March 15th. Click here for program details, dates, and forms.
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]