Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, LPC; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Legislative ALERT! Please urge your members of Congress to "Vote No" when the FY2017 budget resolution goes to the House floor. The budget cuts proposed threaten essential federal programs serving low-income families and individuals, such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program [food stamps]). These changes can lead very vulnerable people, including the elderly, children and disabled to move further into poverty and left to make even more difficult choices between paying their bills, receiving medical care OR buying food! frac.org
Happenings at Social Services:
1. Family First! Spring weekend is here! New families can join us for this getaway experience May 20-22, 2016. Registration forms are available at our office or online.
2. "When You're A Parent...Again" : A support group for grandparents and other relatives raising children; meets monthly (childcare and dinner are included). Please refer to our newsletter or call our office for specific dates and times.
3. We are continuing to take applications for the 2015-2016 CT Energy Assistance Program for all heating sources (deliverable fuel and electric). Please call to make an appointment. Visit the Energy Assistance link for further information and documents needed.
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long during our office hours. Please refer to the Food Bank link for specific items and our "Paper Bag Challenge". We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]