Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW, Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW , Social Worker
- Jessie Dillon, MSW, Social Worker
- Monika Roberts, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
1. On Saturday, October 25th from 10 a.m. until Noon, Christian Life Fellowship will be hosting a Give-Away of winter clothing and canned food for all in need; on the south end of the Green, near the gazebo. (originally set for Oct 4th but postponed due to rain)
2. "Stuff the Gazebo" will be happening again on Saturday, November 8th from 10 am -3 pm, to help raise food for our Thanksgiving program. The Woman's Club of Greater New Milford and The United Way will be hosting this event and sponsoring this program.
3. Candlewood Valley Country Club will host it's "First Annual Turkey Shoot" on Saturday, November 8th at 10am. Bring a 15+ pound turkey or $25 grocery store gift card and play 9 holes for free*. Call the club to reserve your spot and see flyer for specific event details.
- Happening at Social Services!
1. We have begun to take applications for the CT Energy Assistance Program. Our priority is for households with deliverable fuel at this time. The first day of delivery is November 12th. Click here for program details, dates, and forms.
2. Holiday Registrations for Thanksgiving, Santa Fund, Sibling Shopping, and Disabled Adult gift program will begin on October 1, 2014. Forms can be found in our October newsletter, at our office or online (see link below). These programs are for New Milford income eligible residents, under the age of 60. Income will need to be current as of 2014 to participate.
[Holiday Registration Form]
3. Check out how local backyard gardeners can help the New Milford Food Bank! [Food Bank]