Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Happening at Social Services:
1. We have opened up registration for the Holiday Programs (Thanksgiving, Santa Fund, Sibling Shopping, Disabled Adult Gift). New Milford residents (under the age of 60) who have met with a social worker providing residency & income documentation during the calendar year 2015 may complete the form. If you participated in this year's Back to School Program, your income is verified for the Holiday programs. All others will need to provide residency & income documentation with their registration form. Seniors (60 years and older) may register with the New Milford Senior Center for their programs. Full details of our Holiday programs are in our October newsletter. All registration forms and documentation must be handed in by Friday, NOVEMBER 13th! Holiday Registration Form
2. We will begin taking applications for the 2015-2016 CT Energy Assistance Program after September 8, 2015. First priority will be for households heating with fuel (oil, propane, kerosene, wood). First possible delivery is November 10th. You may now call to make an appointment. Please visit the Energy Assistance link for further information and documents needed.
3. Applications for Renter's Rebate for SSA disabled individuals under the age of 60 ended on October 1st. If you are a SSA disabled adult you may still apply if you qualify for an exemption. Please call our office for details. Please refer to our newsletter for further details on income limits and required income and expense documentation needed to complete the application .
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long during our office hours. Please refer to the food bank link for specific items. We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .