Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, LPC; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Office Coordinator
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
**CHEERS TO OUR VOLUNTEERS IN HONOR OF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER MONTH! ** Thanks to all you do to help make our programs successful in meeting the needs of our residents!
Happenings at Social Services
1. FINAL Retreat Weekend for Returning Families of FAMILY FIRST! June 2-4, 2017 at Camp Jewel. Register now! Visit our link for further details.
2. "When You're A Parent...Again" : A support group for grandparents and other relatives raising children; meets monthly (childcare and dinner are included). Usually meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month. Please refer to our newsletter or call our office for specific dates and times. NEW LOCATION! (click for flyer)
3. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm and Fridays 8am-2pm. Please refer to the Food Bank link for specific items and our "Paper Bag Challenge". We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
4. NEW at SOCIAL SERVICES!: Introducing a new workbook "Behind on Bills? Start with one step." Designed to help you handle money emergencies, cut down on stress from mounting bills, and build your finances to where you want them to be. It may be just the thing you can do for your financial and mental health this year!
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]
<ACTION ALERT>> “TO LISTEN, TO ADVOCATE, TO EMPOWER”
- Part of our mission is to encourage people to get informed, read, and learn about changes in policies that may affect one’s life, the life of their family or that of their neighbors and community. Some critical changes are on the table of discussion right now:
Changes to the Affordable Care Act that can eliminate subsidies and possibly increase cost. Also, there are proposed changes to the federal budget that will eliminate the heating assistance program, weatherization assistance program, meals on wheels, after school care and nutrition programs for children, housing assistance (homeownership and rental), job training, and many other long standing domestic programs.
If you know someone who has been helped by any of these programs, help them speak out. Make a call to your US Representative and Senator. Tell them their story- and yours!
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
US Representative Elizabeth Esty 202-225-4476
US Senator Chris Murphy 202-224-4041
US Senator Richard Blumenthal 202-224-2823
State Representative Bill Buckbee 800-842-1423
(you will speak to one their aides, and they will get your message to our representative)