Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW, Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW , Social Worker
- Jessie Dillon, MSW, Social Worker
- Monika Roberts, Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Donations of winter coats can be brought to the Thrift Mart. Social service clients can receive a voucher for one winter coat per family member. Please see Winter Coat Program.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Happening at Social Services!
1. We have begun to take applications for the CT Energy Assistance Program, the State program to assist with the seasonal cost of heating one's home. Our priority is for households with deliverable fuel at this time. The first day of delivery is November 12th. Click here for program details, dates, and forms.
2. Holiday Registrations for Thanksgiving, Santa Fund, Sibling Shopping, and Disabled Adult gift program will begin on October 1, 2014. Forms can be found in our October newsletter, at our office or online (see link below). These programs are for New Milford income eligible residents, under the age of 60. Income will need to be current as of 2014 to participate.
[Holiday Registration Form]
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]