Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Happening at Social Services
1. Family First weekend for new families is here! June 5-7, 2015 at Camp Jewell YMCA Outdoor Center in Colebrook CT. It is a wonderful opportunity to take your 4-15 year old kids away for a weekend that combines lots of fun, group adult time and learning. There will be adult workshops focused on handling stress, parenting and living on a "financial shoestring". While adults are in workshops, kids are enjoying a full range of supervised camp activities. For further details, registration and payment information, please refer to our Family First link and our newsletter.
2. Time to think about registering your child for SUMMER CAMP! Parks & Rec's Rec-On summer camp will take place June 22-July 31st for kids entering grades 1-8. Online registration forms available as of April 4th at www.newmilfordrec.com and registration begins May 4th. Social Services handles all scholarships for this program and are based on income eligibility: please contact our office before you register your child. Please read our April newsletter for further details and for information on other area camps!
3. Back to School Clothes for Kids: Registration will begin on Wednesday, June 17 for this popular
program that provides children entering kindergarten through 12th grade with two new sets of clothes, a coat,
sneakers, undergarments and a backpack full of school supplies. Sponsored by the United Way of Western CT, Social
Services handles most of the New Milford resident sign ups. Registration forms will be ready to pick up at our office or via this website(printout only), on Wednesday June 17th. Proof of income and residency must be up to date for 2015. Please refer to our monthly newsletter for further details.
4. Applications for Renter's Rebate for SSA disabled individuals under the age of 60 are now being taken at our office. Please call to make an appointment. This program ends October 1st. Please refer to our newsletter for further details on income limits and required income and expense documentation needed to complete the application .