Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Peg Molina, LCSW; Director
- Ivana Butera, MSW; Social Worker
- Amy Bondeson, BSW, MS; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Administrative Assistant
The Department of Social Services assists New Milford residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
- Happening at Social Services
1. Back to School Clothes for Kids: Registration will begin on Wednesday, June 17 for this popular
program that provides children entering kindergarten through 12th grade with two new sets of clothes, a coat,
sneakers, undergarments and a backpack full of school supplies. Sponsored by the United Way of Western CT, Social
Services handles most of the New Milford resident sign ups. Registration forms will be ready to pick up at our office or via this website(printout only), on Wednesday June 17th. Proof of income and residency must be up to date for 2015. Please refer to our monthly newsletter for further details.
2015 Back to School Registration Form
2. Family First Re-Visited registration begins now! October 2-4, 2015. And, the Annual Family First Reunion Picnic is scheduled for Tuesday, July 28th, 2015! ~ Link in for details!
3. Applications for Renter's Rebate for SSA disabled individuals under the age of 60 are now being taken at our office. Please call to make an appointment. This program ends October 1st. Please refer to our newsletter for further details on income limits and required income and expense documentation needed to complete the application .
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all summer long during our office hours. Please refer to the food bank link for specific items. We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .